- Did you VOTE TACTICALLY in the General Election out of fear of getting a party worse than the one you voted for?
- Did you NOT vote for the party you really wanted to win because you thought it would be a wasted vote?
- Did you NOT VOTE AT ALL because you thought it wouldn’t make a difference?
- Did you vote for the Green Party or UKIP, only to find that your party won just ONE seat, despite the fact MILLIONS of other people also voted for your party?
- Are you living in an area that always elects the same party – one that does not support your views – so you feel that you can’t make a difference and that you have no voice?
- Do you think it makes more sense to have EVERY vote count in a General Election so you can vote for the party that you actually believe in?
- Do you think it is time to get rid of the First Past The Post system and find something that better represents the views of everyone?
- If you answered “yes” to any of the above, please sign this petition and this petition. We can only make a change if we all add our voices to make ourselves heard. This time, MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT, vote for change and sign the petitions. Thank you.
The Economist has a very good videographic showing the disproportional representation. Click on the different election years just above the graphic to see the seats fill up.
If you know of any other petitions calling for proportional representation/getting rid of the FPTP system, please post a link below.